Thursday, September 14, 2017

A look at all the fun...

Wow, our time together is absolutely flying!!!  I can't believe we have already been in school or 12 days!  I feel like I have already known my little Kindergarten Leaders for months!  Here is a look at what we have been up to in Room 1005 at Estes Elementary!
 We used the book, "Have You Filled a Bucket Today?" and "How Full Is Your Bucket?" to talk about how to be good friends and how to help each other feel happy at school!  I loved how many connections our students made to their real lives using these two books!

 We used these books to write about how we can be bucket fillers in our lives like the people in the two books we read!



We used the book, "The Rainbow Fish" by Marcus Pfister to help explain Habit #1, Be Proactive!  The Rainbow fish was proactive when he chose to give his beautiful scales away to the other fish so we wrote about what types of things we could share to help make others happy!



We also used the book, "Giraffes Can't Dance" by Giles Andreae during a growth mindset lesson to help us understand that it's okay if we don't know how to do some things yet, but we know if we work hard we will be able to do them someday!  I was so proud of my students' awesome responses during this lesson!  Many, I had to admit I still am working on myself, like cooking and trying to remember where I put things down!!!

 We also have been having a wonderful time playing with our new friends at recess and in the classroom!


 Math Workshop is one of our favorite times in the day, everyone loves playing with all of the math manipulatives and I love watching them explore the new ways to build things using new shapes and patterns!



 We also love Developmental Center time where everyone's imaginations come to life and the most extraordinary "play time" occurs while they are developing their little brains and learning new things everyday!  I feel so lucky to get to be a part of this time in their day and hear and watch their little imaginations take off!


 Today for our first Mystery Reader, we had Gage from Mrs. Lemus' 4th Grade class come read to us!  I will be sending home a letter next week about being a "Mystery Reader" for our classroom, but remember it's suppose to remain a secret until the day we have our mystery reader come!  I can't wait to have new mystery readers join us this year in our class for this fun activity!


 We also started Wit and Wisdom, Module One and I could not be any more proud of the amazing "Notice and Wonder" activities our students are already able to begin and how focused they have been throughout the entire lessons!


As you can see, we have been very busy!  However, it has been so much fun and feels like the time is flying by!  I am so excited about all we have ahead of us and the magical adventures that await us in Kindergarten this year!  I know it will be an amazing year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment