Friday, August 28, 2015

We are Bucket Fillers!

 This week we read "Have you Filled a Bucket Today?" by Carol McCloud.  The book explains that we all carry an invisible bucket in which we keep our good thoughts and good feelings about ourselves. When our buckets are full, we are happy; when our buckets are empty, we are sad.  You fill a bucket when you show love to someone, when you smile, make someone feel special or do something kind. That’s being a bucket filler. A bucket filler is someone who says or does nice things to other people. Bucket fillers are those who help without being asked or give hugs and compliments. By filling other people's buckets, we fill our own bucket too!

This is a song that goes along with the book that we read.  I found the cute little song on YouTube and the Kids loved it!  After reading about being a bucket filler we wrote about how we could be bucket fillers in our classroom.  All of my wonderful bucket fillers did awesome on this activity! 





I put our bucket filler activity on our wall over our cubbies to remind all our friends to always be bucket fillers and not bucket dippers!
I love the way they turned out!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with buckets overflowing with fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am Oscar's Grandmother and I live in Ohio. Thank you so much for creating this blog. I love seeing Osh at school and I hope that soon he will settle in and not be sad about coming to school.

    ReplyDelete